Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group, announce:
“THE X-FILES” RETURNS TO FOX
The gist of it:
- Chris Carter back as Creator, Executive Producer
- David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson back as Fox Mulder & Dana Scully
- Format: Limited-run television series
- 6 hour-long episodes
- Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions
- Production starts in Summer 2015
- Release date unknown — a month ago I would have said 2016 but this is going very fast, perhaps even before the end of 2015!
The previous EatTheCorn article.
The Official Site is back.
“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.
“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” remarked Newman and Walden. “THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”
“XF3” is no more, but the Revival is happening! More thoughts soon.
Also, after Season 10 wrapping in June, the IDW comics will be continuing with a Season 11 starting in August!